They say pride comes before a fall and in my case this is definitely the case. In yesterday's post I was gaily going on about "fixing" the neckline of my NBaT as if it was but a momentary thing. Not so. This is the progress so far. Please bear in mind I said I was
ripping frogging the picot edging....
Yes my NBaT seems to be in separate pieces
Yes I am ticked off
and yes it's my fault.
Last night I was gaily unpicking the neckline when I encountered a knot. Picking up my scissors and with not much thought (OBVIOUSLY) I snipped at this knot assuming (WRONGLY) that it was part of the sewing up on the inside of the neck edging. No, it was actually not a knot but a twist in the wool and was part of the stitch at the centre of the division for the V neck! Result, a hole, in the middle of the front of my NBaT!
I would have taken photos of the carnage but I was too distraught!
Well I tried to rectify it by a sort of Swiss darning technique and I tried to alter the neckline to a scoop using the cut and sew method (a bit like steeking) but the yarn (Cathay) is so soft and drapey that it finished up lop sided. So at 10.30 last night I finished up frogging the whole front back to about 3 inches above the armhole shaping. Thankfully I have over a ball of Cathay left over so I can re knit the missing part of the front - the wool I frogged is in short lengths, not at all suitable for re use. I think that as I have had to frog it back so far I am going to change the neckline to a scoop neck and either give it a single crochet edge or maybe an icord edge. The problem with Cathay is that it makes quite a bulky edging when you double it over that is at odds with the lovely drape of the knitted body.
I will post pictures when its done. Meanwhile it is holding up progress on Kiri and the felted hat which is very irritating.